I’m a sleep-deprived writer, student, editor, mother and prevaricator living in the north of England. I’m an editor at Samovar, the SFF in translation magazine. I love writing short stories that usually end up being somehow about the ocean, and am currently getting my master’s in Creative Writing and trying to finish a novel. I like coffee, philosophy, walking, eating plants, pictures of space and the Paris Review interview archives.
5 things about me:
- I’m the oldest of ten siblings (six boys, four girls)
- In the last five years I’ve lived at the very top, the very bottom, and pretty much the very middle of the island of Ireland
- My favourite Tarot card is the Star.
- I went to Clarion West in 2012 (& met my future husband and ended up moving to Vancouver.)
- I can’t think of a fifth thing because I haven’t slept much for three years. Here, look this picture instead. It’s Glen, in Donegal, one of the most beautiful places on earth. Much better than telling you autumn is my favourite season or how much I love gin.